Wednesday 2 July 2014

A GOOD DAY BY JANE (POEM OFFERING HOPE)

 Another beautiful poem about depression, by Jane.

This one focuses on the beginnings of recovery, glimpses of light, where before, all had been dark. It describes the tentative, cautious time where one enjoys small episodes of calm, strength, and appreciation of simple things.

All to soon, this glimpse of light disappears and the darkness returns. But one finds that this oasis of serenity is returning more regularly. One hardly dares hope... The temptation is to cry: 'At last I'm well!' But one has to be careful, take baby steps slowly but surely out of depression.

This poem is the truth that people can and do recover from depression. These are the first signs...

A GOOD DAY

A good day today
Few and far between
Lately it seems


Must remember the moment
Breathe it deep in my being


All is as it should be
For today at least
I feel calm
With a rare sense of strength
At my core


It’s not always this way
Too many days
Find me tired and despairing
Nourishment for my soul
At the end of the eternal to do list


Everything more important
Than time
To remember
What it means to be me


All must come first
Or so it seems
Easy to forget the strength
Gained from the simple things


Walks at dusk
And the chance to connect
With all that makes me whole


All will be well
I can see that now
I can live this life
And play this game
For today at least


Things become clear
In moments like this
Take on more
I must not


Control it all
I cannot
If I fall
So I fall


But up again I will get
With the lesson learned
Remember the journey
Destination adjourned

No comments:

Post a Comment